Still recovering from food poisoning, but I wanted to get in the gym and see what I could do. Wasn't going in expecting much - my goal was to come in, work up to 315-365, see how it felt, and if I felt like crap, leave, if I felt good, go a little heavier.
Low Bar Squats (Beltless)
- 365 x 1, 1, 1, 1 - was very out of the groove. A couple of adjustments plus just working at this weight loosened me up and things felt better. Felt good enough to move up.
- 385 x 1 - felt good, moved up
- 405 x 1 - felt easy
- 415x2 - new 2RM. No video, unfortunately. Wasn't prepared to set a PR after food poisoning.
Paused Low Bar
Called it quits. Who says you can't set PRs after getting sick and not eating much at all for 3 days?
Low Bar Squats with a Belt
- 365 x 1 (add belt), 1,1
- 405 x 1
- 425 x 1
- 450 x 1 - PR +5lbs
Conventional Deadlifts w/ Belt
- 455x2 - PR 2RM - Not really KK/ Pete Rubish like. First time I've videoed these. Felt good though.
Sumo Deadlifts w/ Belt
- 455x3 - PR +1 rep
Felt very exhausted going on. That's why, typically, the day after deadlift days is a Pause squat to reduce absolute volume/loading and compression on the spine.
Pause High Bar Squats
- 375x1 - could've gotten 2, but it would've been a real grind. Decided against it.
- 355x3 - PR 3RM +10lbs I believe
Short ab/decompression/stretching circuit, and called it quits.
4-second Eccentric High Bar Squats w/ Belt (That's a mouthful...)
- 365x1, add belt, 1
Not a particularly big fan of these, but I never work on the eccentric phase of the lift, so I figured it was time to do so. Plus, it is a nice change of pace.
Felt absolutely wrecked going into this session. Tired, worn down, not really ready to get a lift in, honestly.
Low Bar Squats w/ Belt
- 365x1 - add belt
- 345x1 - moved down to get my groove
- 385x1 - felt horrible
- 405x1, 1 - both sets felt awful. This is something I did earlier in the week, without a belt, with ease. Just called it quits here. Still got quality work in that 85%+ range, so it's all good.
- 355x1 +10lb PR. Haven't done these in like 6 or 7 months, so I was very pleased with the speed of this on camera. Also pretty obvious that there are some left-right differences in front rack flexibility from this video. Not very comfortable looking front rack, probably due to the fact that I just haven't done them in a while.
- 315x3 +40lb PR
'Speed' Sumo Deadlifts
- 345x 1 x 10 sets - about 60-90s rest between sets, focusing in on maximal velocity off the ground to lockout. Felt decent.
Paused Bench Press
Haven't been able to bench press due to elbow pain, but I got my compression cuff in, so I wanted to test it out.
- 225 x 3 x 3 sets - not too bad. Had a couple reps where the left elbow just gave out on me, but I'm still probably good for about 270 right now. Could've done all sets for 5 reps. Decently happy with that. Need to get my speed back, but everything else was fine.
Remedial circuit and recovery work. Nothing of note to post about.