I will preface this log by saying I spent around 20 hours driving in a car from Monday - Wednesday afternoon. Hips were destroyed, didn't get any lifting in, generally felt like crap that first workout back. Anyway, here it is.
Beltless High Bar Back Squats
- 395 x miss (what the hell?) - hips shifted out behind the bar. Got pissed. Took another shot at it
- 395 x 1 - kept hips in a better position, less shifting, more lifting. Still pissed though
- 335 x 5
Beltless High Bar Squats
- 405x1 - get recruited by powerlifting team, turn them down
- 315x3, 3-second pauses at the bottom of each squat, cause I felt like it
Conventional Deads (no belt)
- 405x5x3 sets - PR + 20lbs and 2 sets
- Starting to get the hang of conventional pulling. Took a while. Turns out my build favors a KK/Pete Rubish-ish type of pull. Almost enjoying conventional now, after hating it for so long.
Going to play around with 2 deadlift days: 1 conventional (for volume), 1 sumo, where the intensity will be upped. See how that goes along with all the squats.
Staying on the strugglebus...
Pause Squats - beltless
- 315 x 1
- 345 x 1
- 365x2 - PR +1 rep (cheap, I know)
- 335 x 3
The strugglebus continues!
Beltless High Bar
- 405x1 - a little slower than normal, still haven't fully come back from that dang car ride.
Monday - Recovery/Pump Day
1A) Kossack Squat -> crossover Step-Up 3x12/leg
1B) Chest Flies 3x12 (5-10s eccentric for the stretch)
1C) Rear Delt Flies - 3x12
2A) Bar Hangs x a decently long time
2B) Bear crawls focusing on neutral spine and breathing
2C) Half Kneeling Chops - 3x8-10/side
Week 5 sucked.